Beginners Chinese Courses in Auckland & Wellington (HSK 1 Mandarin)
Learn Chinese in Auckland and Wellington with our fun 8 week immersion Chinese language lessons for beginners (HSK 1) taught by experienced professional Chinese teachers from China. We offer Mandarin classes at our Chinese schools in Auckand central, North shore's Northcote and Wellington .
This course follows the Ministry of Education of the People's Republic of China Hanban HSK Chinese proficiency language exam syllabus while using the latest teaching methodologies. HSK 1 is equal to A1 level in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
Course Outline: Chinese for beginners lessons will teach you how to study, speak, and write in the Chinese language. You will learn basic Chinese phrases and pronunciation for greetings and farewells, asking and providing personal information, ordering food and drinks, asking for information, requesting and giving directions and buying tickets. You will learn Chinese pronunciation, writing, useful vocabulary, Mandarin grammar, conjugation of the most common regular and irregular Chinese verb tenses and important aspects of Chinese Culture.
HSK 1 Chinese Mandarin Course Content
- Greeting + Introduction
- Date + Time
- Food + drinks
- Common Communication Tools of Chinese People
You will be able to:
- Greet people formally and informally
- Introduce yourself and others
- Discuss and gather personal information about jobs, nationalities and age
- Discuss family members and marital status
- Ask the time and date
- Describe daily activities
- Make suggestions
- The “是” Sentence + Interrogative Sentences with “吗”
- Numbers below 100
- Expression of a Date: month, date, day of the week
- Question words: “什么”, “呢”, “吧”, “谁”
- The measure words “个” and “口”
- The Modal Verb “会” “能” “想”
- 150 new words
Course Materials: HSK Standard Course 1 - Textbook by Jiang Liping, ISBN - 9787561937099.
BUY online at the University of Canterbury Book store for $25 here! The Hanban HSK 1-6 Standard Coursebooks are written by Beijing Language and Culture University Press and CTI, used world wide in Universities.
Duration: Each evening course is made of 8 x 1 1/2 hour classes. There are no lessons on Public holidays. Courses run the same day and time of the week as its start date for 2 months.
Small Chinese Classes: Classes are around 10 students.
Chinese School Locations in Auckland & Wellington:
- Auckland Central - Level 10, Acrossia House, 155 Queen St, Auckland
- North Shore - Northcote Memorial Hall, 2 Rodney St, North shore Auckland
- Wellington - Mt Vic Hub, 24 Elizabeth St, Mt Victoria, Wellington.
Price: $150, includes small Mandarin classes sizes, HSK exam preparation and Mandarin teachers from China, thats less than $19 a class. There are no hidden membership fees or contracts.