IMPROVERS Chinese Courses in Auckland (HSK 2)
Learn Chinese with our 8 week immersion Improvers Chinese language lessons in Auckland taught by fun and experienced native speaking teachers from China.
This course is intended for those who have completed Chinese for Beginners language courses (Level 1 - Basic Chinese). It consolidates and develops the grammar and material covered in Beginners HSK 1 and will expand your Chinese vocabulary and grammar. The HSK level 2 course is designed for learners who have studied Chinese for roughly 15 hours. This course for recently new learners and is carefully designed to help you gain essential Chinese language skills and get a good understanding of basic grammar and vocabulary. The course covers topics such as going shopping, inviting friends to go out or talking about hobbies and interests.
This course follows the Ministry of Education of the People's Republic of China Hanban HSK 2 Chinese proficiency language exam syllabus while using the latest teaching methodologies. HSK 2 is equal to A2 level in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
You will learn how to communicate in Mandarin in everyday situations, through written and oral conversation exercises, role-playing, Chinese games and multimedia.
HSK 2 Chinese Mandarin Course Content
- Spare time
- Different places and distance
- Describe the continuation of a certain state
- Make comparison
- Make suggestions
- Spring Festival& Chinese Tea Culture
You will be able to:
- Describe locations and give directions
- Go shopping
- Arrange to go out for various activities
- Talk about clothes, sizes, colour and prices
- Travel by bus
- Make phone calls
- Know further Chinese culture
- Expressions of approximate numbers
- Question using “是不是”
- The “的” Phrase
- The Structure “是…的”：used to emphasize the agent of an action
- Reduplication of Measure Words& Verbs
- The Pair of Conjunctions “因为…,所以…”; “虽然 …,但是 …”
- Complements of Result
- “第” Indicating Order
- The Aspect Particle “着” “了” “过”
- The Imperative Sentence
- 241 new words
Course Materials: HSK Standard Course 2 - Textbook by Jiang Liping, ISBN 9787561937266, available online and bookstores.
Duration: Each evening course is made of 8 x 1 1/2 hour classes. There are no lessons on Public holidays. Courses run the same day and time of the week as its start date for 2 months.
Small Chinese Classes: Classes are around 10 students.
Textbooks: Hanban HSK 1-4 Standard Coursebooks are written by Beijing Language and Culture University Press and CTI, used world wide.
Chinese School Locations in Auckland & Wellington:
- Auckland Central - Level 10, Acrossia House, 155 Queen St, Auckland
- North Shore - Northcote Memorial Hall, 2 Rodney St, North shore Auckland
- Wellington - Aro Valley Community Hall, 48 Aro St, Wellington.
Price: $150, includes small Mandarin classes sizes, HSK exam preparation and Mandarin teachers from China, thats less than $19 a class. There are no hidden membership fees or contracts.