Upper Intermediate Chinese Courses in Auckland and Wellington (HSK 4)
Master speaking Chinese in Auckland and Wellington with our Upper Intermediate Chinese Language course taught by experienced native speaking Chinese teachers and tutors from China with University teaching Degrees. The HSK 4 Mandarin classes consolidates and develops the grammar and material covered in the Intermediate Chinese (HSK 3) and will expand your Mandarin language vocabulary and grammar.
This course follows the Ministry of Education of the People's Republic of China Hanban HSK Chinese proficiency language exam syllabus while using the latest teaching methodologies. HSK 4 is equal to B2 level in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
You will learn how to communicate in Chinese in everyday situations, through written and oral exercises, role-playing and multimedia.
HSK 4 Mandarin Course Content:
- Home & Office
- Online Shopping
- Daily Life
- The World & The Earth
- Traditional Festivals
- Classic Works in Chinese
- Science & Technology
- Humans & Nature
You will be able to:
- Make comparisons with “比”，“更”;
- Compare different words in nearly the same meaning，like “原来—本来 /尤其—特别/ 不过—但是/ 大概—也许/ 千万—一定/ 接着—然后”
- Tell the difference between words with the same character, like “然：既然、仍然/系：联系、关系/同：同意、同时/格：合格、严格/度：温度、态度/感：感动、感”
- Offer advice
- Buy tickets
- Give objective description of nature
- Discuss travel experiences
- Discuss details of daily life
- The Structure“既…又／也／还…不仅…也／还／而且…”
- The Structure“即使…也…”
- The Structure“不仅…也／还／而且…”
- The Structure“首先…其次…”
- 600 words - 实际/差不多／也/尤其／几乎／值得／估计／因此／难道／比如／确实／无论如何／既然／敢／受不了／除此以外／总的来说／商量／护照／护士／竟然／性格／寒假／弹钢琴／害羞／马虎／尊重……
Course Materials: HSK Standard Course 4a Textbook by Jiang Liping, ISBN 9787561939031 and HSK Standard Course 4b Textbook by Jiang Liping.
BUY online at the University of Canterbury Book store for $25 here! The Hanban HSK 1-6 Standard Coursebooks are written by Beijing Language and Culture University Press and CTI, used world wide in Universities.
Duration: Each evening course is made of 8 x 1 1/2 hour classes. There are no lessons on Public holidays. Courses run the same day and time of the week as its start date for 2 months.
Small Chinese Classes: Classes are around 10 students.
Chinese School Locations in Auckland & Wellington:
- Auckland Central - Level 10, Acrossia House, 155 Queen St, Auckland
- North Shore - Northcote Memorial Hall, 2 Rodney St, North shore Auckland
- Wellington - Mt Vic Hub, 24 Elizabeth St, Mt Victoria, Wellington.
Price: $200, includes small Mandarin classes sizes, HSK exam preparation and Mandarin teachers from China, thats less than $25 a class. There are no hidden membership fees or contracts.